This guide is for the AliDropship Original plugin version only. If you use Woocommerce + AliDropship Woo, please go check this.
We highly recommend providing your customers a free shipping service by taking advantage of the free/low cost shipping offered by many AliExpress sellers. However the Plugin has a special section where you can create different shipping options and select countries that you ship to.
With our new version of 'Shipping' section you can create your own shipping options or set default ones:
- 'Apply to each product' toggle button. Enabled: shipping cost is calculated per each item in your cart. Disabled: shipping cost is applied to the entire cart.
- 'Enable minimum order price' toggle. Set a minimum order amount required to get free shipping.
To configure delivery methods create new one or click 'Edit' on existing one. Now you will be able to change:
- 'Enable/Disable' toggle button.
- 'Shipping ID' - For internal use only.
- 'Titile' - This name of shipping option will be shown on checkout page.
- 'Delivery time' - Set the number of days required for this shipping option.
- 'Comment' - For internal use only.
- 'Shipping cost' - Set the cost of delivery that will be added to your selling price for this shipping option.
- 'Shipping zone' - set all, just one or any other count of countries that you ship to.
- 'Apply to' - With that option you will be able to choose products or categories which you want that shipping option to be applied to.
- To choose one product or several - click 'Add' button and then select products:
- Choose category or categories:
Click 'Save' once all changes will be done.
If you want to have a chance to change shipping options for a particular product, make sure you enable toggle ‘Apply to each product’,
go to Products, select a product and click Edit. Scroll down to Product Options and change shipping options in Shipping section.
After making necessary changes, click Update button.
So, in this case if you enable different shipping methods for different products your customers need to select shipping method for each item in the cart:
If you want to apply shipping costs to the entire cart, switch off toggle ‘Apply to each product’ and enable shipping methods you want to use in your store. In this case, Shipping section in Product Options will be disabled and global shipping settings will be applied to all products in your cart.
E.g. You have enabled Free Shipping, Super Savings as a paid shipping method and Standard Shipping (which is paid method also), you add 3 products in your cart , so your customers will need to select one out of three shipping methods on the checkout page and this amount will be added to the cart.