Mandrill is a transactional email platform from MailChimp, a paid add-on for monthly MailChimp accounts. Any paid monthly MailChimp plan will satisfy the new requirements.
- Create account with Mailchimp at first:
Follow the instructions:
Once you fill all fields with information you’ll get an activation link on your email:
2. When you finish with registration go to Account -> Transactional -> Add Mandrill:
3. Choose a plan and click ‘Start Trial’:
4. Type in your domain name and click ‘Add’:
5. To verify your domain click ‘View details’ -> type in your domain email -> you will get a verification link on your email, just click it to complete a domain verification:
6. To complete a verification you need to add DKIM and SPF records.
These TXT records could be stored in 2 places:
- either cPanel account;
- or your domain registrar account.
It depends on the way you propagated your domain name. If you changed DNS – find your TXT records in cPanel, if you changed IP – you need to find them in your domain registrar account.
Find both instructions below, but you need to follow only one option.
Option 1: if your TXT records are stored in cPanel:
Click ‘Add record’:
Click ‘View DKIM settings’ in Mandrill account -> Copy Name and Value and paste them in TXT record in cPanel:
Click ‘View SPF settings’ in Mandrill account -> Copy Name and Value and paste them in TXT record in cPanel:
Refresh your Mandrill account page – it’s verified :
Option 2: if your TXT records are stored in Domain registrar account:
Add new TXT record. Put in the Host and Value fields Name and Value from your Mandrill account.
7. Now go to ‘Settings’ -> SMTP & API credentials -> Create new ‘API key’:
8. Copy this API key and insert in WordPress admin area:
9. Click ‘Save Changes’. It’s done!