Important! Not all products from AliExpress comply with Facebook Business requirements. Sometimes, AliExpress Suppliers provide their products with attributes, descriptions, images, etc., which go against Google standards (Facebook uses the same standards). You can check these rules for products attributes here.
The FB Business add-on's purpose is to provide you with a data feed that contains your webstore products in a format that Facebook understands. With the help of your product data feed, you can list your products on your Facebook Page Shop, Instagram Shopping and run Facebook Dynamic Products Ads.
You can order this add-on here.
Dynamic Product Ads are a way to display product Facebook ads to customers that have already visited your website, featuring the products that Facebook already knows your customers are interested in based on their behaviour. This process is also known as retargeting.
Facebook Business Setup
1. For the plugin setup, go to Plugins → Add New.
2. Upload a zip file with your plugin and install it.
3. When the plugin is installed successfully, activate it.
4. Now you can see the plugin on your dashboard.
Before starting to work, you should activate your license key. Go to Facebook Business → License. Enter your plugin license key and activate it.
The product categories' names in your store may differ from what can be easily found in Google. You should do this step to make categories in your webstore associated with categories in Google.
1. Find Facebook Business → Categories on your dashboard. Click Add New.
2. To complete Google category properly, use Google Taxonomy list. Find your category using search (ctrl+f) and choose the one that suits you best
3. Then complete categories on your dashboard.
Please, note that if your category has many products for different purposes you can choose the general category which joins them: for example, 'Baby & toddler' or 'Home & garden'. It is not necessary to go deep into subcategories of Taxonomy list if it does not suit the category on your website.
4. When all is done, it should look like this:
Facebook Pixel creation
Attention! Make sure you have Business Manager account!
1. Go to Facebook Business Manager. Find Business Settings → Data Sources → Pixels. Click Add.
2. Fill in Pixel. It may be the name of your website. Then enter your web site URL and click Continue.
3. On the next page, click Cancel:
Please note that Facebook changed their policy for the iOS system and now all the users must make changes as Facebook requires. To resolve it and use Facebook Pixel, please verify your domain name and set up the events on it. Please, check this article (21-22).
4. Go to Catalogs → Add → Create a New Catalog.
5. Enter the name of your catalog. For example, it may be webstore_name_catalogue.
6. Select your Facebook page on the left and enable the buttons.
7. Connect website activity using Pixel.
8. Go to Pixels again. Find your pixel and copy it (click its blue ID).
9. Go to your sites Dashboard → Facebook Business → Facebook Pixel.
10. Enter your Pixel ID and turn on the toggles.
1. Go to Facebook Business → Product Feed. Click Enable → Save.
2. Select categories which you would like to add in the feed. Then select currency on you site. Save the changes.
3. Now you can generate XML.
You can use download XML option if you have not more than 1000 items in your store and you don't make changes in your product data frequently. Using XML files will not allow to auto update your feed on facebook.
If you are using a URL of your feed, you will be able to schedule updates to your feed automatically without uploading XML files. Also, that allows you to upload more than 1000 items.
Also, you can use the Labels feature on order to label your products according to your special requirements related to more specific Facebook Ads setup.
Go to Facebook Business → Labels:
Click Add new:
Choose Category (if you want to apply your labels to several or all your Categories) or Product (if you want to apply it only to your several Products, even from different Categories). Click Save.
You can also exclude particular Products from your Feed by clicking the Show exceptions panel button:
There is a search bar on the top of this panel. You can search your products by:
To exclude a product, you need just to disable it by clicking the toggle and generate your Feed again. You can also put the excluded Product back by enabling it by the same toggle and generating your Feed once again.
Uploading your product catalog
1. Return to your catalog in Facebook Business Manager (Data Sources → Catalogs) and open it in Commerce Manager.
2. In the Overview tab, choose Add Items.
3. Choose Data feed and click Next.
4. Choose Scheduled feed and click Next.
5. Enter your URL.
6. You can copy it from your WP dashboard: Facebook Business → Product Feed. Just click Copy URL.
7. When you have entered your URL, choose Plan your update schedule → Weekly.
7. Enter your site address here and click Upload.
8. Now you can see this page. Go to Products.
9. Now you can see all products in your Facebook Catalog.
Facebook Catalog Update
After you make any amendments to your products (such as deleting products, adding new ones or price changing), you need to update your Product Feed both in Facebook Business add-on and Facebook Business Manager account.
First, go to Facebook Business add-on → Product feed.
Then click Generate XML and wait till ‘done!’
After that, you can rather wait for an auto-update (in case an update schedule is set up), or to fetch your Feed manually in your Facebook Business Manager account:
1. Go to Catalog Manager.
2. In the Data Sources tab, choose your catalog.
3. Proceed to Settings → Request Update Now:
Having troubles with your data feed? Check the list of common issues and how to resolve them here.
PART 2: How to use your product feed on Facebook
You can always order the Setup Service for this add-on here: