Important! Not all products from AliExpress comply with Facebook Business requirements. Sometimes, AliExpress Suppliers provide their Products with attributes, descriptions, images e.t.c. which go against Google standards (Facebook uses these same standards). You can check these rules for Products attributes here.
You can order it here.
The FB Business add-on's purpose is to provide you with a data feed that contains your webstore products in a format that Facebook understands. With the help of your product data feed, you can list your products on your Facebook/Instagram Page Shop and run Facebook Dynamic Products Ads.
Dynamic Product Ads are a way to display product Facebook ads to customers that have already visited your website, featuring the products that Facebook already knows your customers are interested in based on their behaviour. This process is also known as retargeting.
Facebook Business Setup
1. For plugin setup go to Plugins > Add new.
2. Upload zip-file with your plugin and install it.
3. When the plugin installed successfully, activate it.
4. Now you can see the plugin on your dashboard.
Before starting to work you should activate your license key. Go to Facebook Business > License. Write down your plugin license key and activate it.
The product categories' names in your store may differ from what can be easily found in Google. You should do this step to make categories in your webstore associated with categories in Google.
1. Find Facebook Business > Categories on your dashboard. Click "Add new".
2. To complete Google category properly, use Google Taxonomy list. Find your category using search (ctrl+f) and choose the one that suits you best
3. Then complete categories on your dashboard.
4. When all is done it should look like this:
Facebook Pixel creation
Attention! Make sure you have Business Manager account!
1. Go to Facebook Business Manager. Find Business Settings > Data Sources > Pixels. Click "Add".
2. Fill in Pixel. It may be the name of your website. Then write down your web site URL and click "Continue".
3. You should cancel this:
4. Go to Catalogs > Add > Create a New Catalog. Write down the name of your catalog. For example, it may be webstore_name_catalogue.
5. Select your Facebook page on the left and enable the buttons.
6. Connect website activity using Pixel.
7. Go to Pixels again. Find your pixel and copy it (click on the blue ID).
8. Go to the dashboard on you site > Facebook Business > Facebook Pixel. Write down your Pixel ID.
1. Go to Facebook Business > Product feed. Click Enable > Save.
2. Select categories which you would like to add in the feed. Then select currency on you site. Save the changes.
3. Now you can generate XML.
You can use download XML option if you have not more than 1000 items in your store and you don't make changes in your product data frequently. Using XML files will not allow to auto update your feed on facebook.
If you are using a URL of your feed, you will be able to schedule updates to your feed automatically without uploading XML files. Also, that allows you to upload more than 1000 items.
Also, you can use 'Labels' feature on order to label your Products according to your special requirements related to more specific Facebook Ads setup:
Go to 'Labels'
Click add 'New':
Choose 'Category' (if you want to apply your labels to several or all your Categories), or Product (if you want to apply it only to your several Products, even from different Categories). Click 'Save'.
You can also exclude particular Products from your Feed, by clicking 'Show exceptions panel' button:
There is a search bar on the top of this panel. You can search your Products by:
- Product id
- Product title
To exclude a Product, you need just to disable it by clikcing the toggle and generate your Feed again. You can also put the excluded Product back, by enabling it by the same toggle and generateing your Feed once again.
Uploading your product catalog
1. Go to Data Sources > Catalogs > Open in Catalog Manager.
2. Click Channels > Add Products.
3. Choose Use Bulk Upload and click Next.
4. Choose Scheduled feed and go next.
5. Enter your URL.
6. You can copy it from your dashboard Facebook Business > Product feed. Just click Copy URL.
7. When you have entered your URL choose Plan your update schedule > Weekly.
7. Copy your site adress here and click Upload.
8. Now you can see this page. Go to products.
9. Now you can see all products in your Facebook Catalog.
Having troubles with your data feed? Check the list of common issues and how to resolve them here.
PART 2: How to use your product feed on Facebook
You can always order the Setup Service for this add-on here: