Yandex.Mail for a domain is a free of charge service for setting up email on your domain.
You can create mailbox like “email@example.com” and can use the Yandex.Mail web interface with all of its advantages, including the spam filter, automatic virus scanning, and other features for free.
For a single domain, you can register up to 1000 mailboxes.
Create Yandex account: fill in all required fields.
Please go HERE and Login your Yandex account.
Now you are able to connect your domain name with your Yandex account. Put your domain name in a @……. Connect domain field and click ‘Connect domain’.
Follow 2 steps of domain verification.
- Upload a file with the name f9256b81b57b.html and text c9b30ba5db9a to your site’s root directory (you can choose also 2 other options – see a screenshot, but this one is a simpliest). You can create this file in Notepad or other text editor programme that supports .html format.
Put the file f9256b81b57b.html to your site’s root directory.
Click ‘Verify domain ownership’.
2. Set up MX records :
Your MX records could be stored in 2 places:
- either cPanel account;
- or your domain registrar account.
It depends on the way you propagated your domain name. If you changed DNS – find your MX records in cPanel, if you changed IP– you need to find them in your domain registrar account.
Find both instructions below, but you need to follow only one option.
Option 1: if your MX records are stored in cPanel
- Find ‘Domains’ section in your cPanel home page and click ‘Zone editor’.
2. Click ‘Manage’.
3. Find MX record and edit it in accordance with Step 2 Yandex Guide.
Option 2: if your MX records are stored in Domain registrar account
1. Enter your registar account and find your domain name.
2. Click ‘Manage DNS’ for your domain name.
3. Click edit MX record.
4. Edit it in accordance with Step 2 Yandex Guide and click ‘Save’.
5. Now click ‘Verify MX records’ in your Mail for Domain Yandex account.
Create a branded mailbox and a password, then click ‘Add’.
If you need more information about Yandex.Mail for a domain service please check here.